We are a local 501(c)3 organization working to assist Lehigh Acres residents in need of various services within our community.
Lehigh Community Services is a United Way Partner Agency, we offer a food pantry, emergency utility bill assistance (dependent on funding availability), assistance completing food stamp (SNAP) and Medicaid applications online, additional programs and services are listed on this site.
Looking for VOLUNTEERS:
Lehigh Community Services in looking for volunteer tutors for the Lehigh Literacy Program.
English Speaker over 18 years of age who would like to assist non-English speakers learn English and make a difference in students’ lives.
Training provided – do not need knowledge of any other language or previous teaching experience.
Classes are once or twice a week, depending on tutor schedule, from September – May, all are in a classroom setting.
Golf Scramble, April 27, 2019 – Click here for more information and registration and Sponsorship information
Dover House Raffle – Click here for more information
New this year!!!! At the Lehigh Acres United Way House/VITA Site
Lehigh Community Services
201 Plaza Dr. Suite #3
Tuesday’s from 9 am – 11:45 pm and 1 pm – 5 pm
Valet VITA is a service designed to save taxpayers time. Taxpayers come into the office, complete the required documents, and have all the information need for the taxes scanned then leave and pick up the complete taxes at a later date. Get your taxes done for FREE, available to individuals and families with income of $66,000 or less. All services provided by IRS certified volunteer tax preparers.
Drop off on Tuesdays and Pick up on Tuesdays at your convenience.
What should I bring to my tax appointment?
- A copy of last year’s federal return if available
- Valid Photo ID for all adults
- Social Security Cards or ITINs for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter (Must be originals, photocopies not accepted)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- If you are married and filing jointly, your spouse must be present with you.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Form 1095-Health insurance marketplace information
- Form 1095-B Health coverage information from another source (optional, if provided)
- Health Insurance Exempt Certificate (if provided)
- IP Pin- Identity Protection Pin if applicable.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks—Form 1099, 1098-T or forms received form the IRS that indicate on the form that it is for tax purposes.
- Savings and/or Checking account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider & provider’s Social Security Number or business Employer Identification Number
- If self-employed: Completed proof of all income and expenses.
For a regular VITA tax appointment call 239-369-5818, appointments are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday evening 5-7 pm and Saturday 9am – 3 pm