United Way House Programs and Services
The United Way House in Lehigh Acres works to bring together multiple agencies and organizations in one place to assist local residents near their home.
- Food Pantry – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Doors close at 10:45 a.m.
- A.D. Alzheimer Support Group – Meets 3rd Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Food Stamp and Medicaid Applications – Appointments available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Limited Financial Assistance – Utility bill assistance by appointment, when funds are available
- Lifetime Ministry – Free pregnancy testing, by appointment
- Lehigh Literacy – Classes and one-on-one tutoring, classes scheduled after initial assessment – Classes September – May
- Team Rescue – Quarterly meeting of all agencies, churches and organizations providing free services in Lehigh Acres, meets 3rd Thursday each quarter from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- VITA – Free income tax preparation, January – April, provided by certified volunteers
- Vocational Rehabilitation Job Counselor – Monday – Friday, by appointment
- Meals on Wheels – Distributed/delivered by volunteer drivers daily in Lehigh Acres, Please call Community Cooperative for application or assistance (239) 332-7687
- Liheap (Home Energy Assistance Program) – Lee County Human & Veteran Services – Thursday morning appointments to provide utility assistance, call 239-369-5818 to schedule an appointment
- Back to School Outreach – School Supplies and Backpacks to Lehigh Acres students, K-12, annual in July, preregistration is required
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Distributed the week before Thanksgiving to families in Lehigh Acres, preregistration is required
- Christmas for Seniors – Event and distribution, Annually in December, preregistration is required, seniors are recognized as those individuals 60 years of age or older
- Destiny Diaper Bank – Adult incontinence supplies, Must have an appointment, First Tuesday of Each Month
- Long Term Recovery Case Management – Hurricane IRMA recovery case manager to assist with continuing needs as a result of hurricane, by appointment
- Assurance Phone Program – During pantry hours on Monday and Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Door close at 10:45 a.m.
- Homeless Outreach – Food, bus passes, hygiene items, etc.