United Way House Programs and Services
The United Way House in Lehigh Acres works to bring together multiple agencies and organizations in one place to assist local residents near their home.
- Food Pantry – Monday and Wednesday 8:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.; Tuesday 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- A.D. Alzheimer Support Group – Meets 3rd Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Food Stamp and Medicaid Applications – Appointments , please call (239) 369-5818
- Limited Financial Assistance – Utility bill assistance by appointment, when funds are available
- Lifetime Ministry – Free pregnancy testing, by appointment
- Lehigh Literacy – Classes scheduled after initial assessment – Classes September – May
- Team Rescue – Quarterly meeting of all agencies, churches and organizations providing free services in Lehigh Acres, meets 3rd Thursday each quarter from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., next meeting Thursday, September 19, 2019.
- VITA – Free income tax preparation, January – December, provided by certified volunteers
- Vocational Rehabilitation Job Counselor – by appointment
- Meals on Wheels – Distributed/delivered by volunteer drivers daily in Lehigh Acres, Please call Community Cooperative for application or assistance (239) 332-7687
- Back to School Outreach – School Supplies and Backpacks to Lehigh Acres students, K-12, annual in July, preregistration is required
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Distributed the week before Thanksgiving to families in Lehigh Acres, preregistration is required
- Christmas for Seniors – Event and distribution, Annually in December, preregistration is required, seniors are recognized as those individuals 60 years of age or older
- Head Start VPK enrollment – Completed for summer – back at LCS is the Fall
- Homeless Outreach – Food, bus passes, hygiene items, etc.
- Verity free pregnancy testing – 9-11:30 am on September 23rd, October 28th; bring photo id